POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Media emission as true light source? : Re: Media emission as true light source? Server Time
4 Aug 2024 22:16:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Media emission as true light source?
From: Neil Conway
Date: 4 Feb 2003 13:00:12
Message: <web.3e3ffebcc7b69b7a1c4fca030@news.povray.org>
Thanks guys, all three of you. (Now I have to figure out what you all meant
:-))

I've run both of the sample scenes, and I'm starting to get the idea.  It
looks promising: e.g., the emission from the media is reflected beautifully
from the cylinders in Tom's example.  Now I'm playing with the various
options to tweak just how much CPU effort goes into getting the radiosity
right.

When you all mention limitations, I must admit I'm not clear on how they
apply to this case.  Tom's example appears to lay the foundations of
exactly what I'm after (albeit at great cost in CPU time).  Am I missing
something?

All I really need is to have a volumetric emission source (e.g. my plasma)
with proper reflections from the walls etc.  Isn't that what Tom's example
does?  (I haven't figured out Warp's example very thoroughly yet.)

Looks like I won't need to patch the program (phew)...

Thanks,
Neil